Forests are a significant store of carbon and a key component to reducing New Zealand’s emissions. As the trees grow they absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, resulting in carbon forests that represent long-term, quantifiable, physical removal and storage of atmospheric carbon dioxide. For forest land owners, this is recognised within New Zealand’s Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS).
Carbon Forestry Consultancy
- Accurate land eligibility assessments.
- GIS mapping to maximise registered areas for application.
- Maximise carbon sequestration and New Zealand Unit (NZU) allocation for planting and siliculture.
- Minimise post harvest liability and Emmissions Trading Scheme (ETS) administration costs.
- Afforestation Grant Scheme, Permanent Forest Sink Initiative, Erosin Control Funding Programme and Regional Council funding consultancy.
Field Measurement Approach (ETS Foresty Inventory)
- Highly experienced in both exotic and indigenous FMA inventory
- Conversion of FMA data collected in Plotsafe to the xml schema accepted by MPI
- Conversion of old Plotsafe templates into Commitment Period 3 templates
- Training and Auditing for FMA inventory
ETS Administrative Support
- Manage your ETS account as an authorised representative to the Minsitry of Primary Industries and assist with tasks where specailised expertise is required.
- Post-1989 registrations and Pre-1990 deforestation.
- Mandatory and Coluntary Emmissions Returns
- CAA Applications
- FMA Submissions
- For those considering joining the ETX our ‘carbn calculator’ can be used to estimate NZU allocation and potential returns from the scheme.
Carbon Compliance, Auditing and Valuation Assessments
Ownership transfers under ETS for land registered in ETS including forestry rights, forest sales, change in trustee(s), sucession transfers
Accredited to buy and sell NZU’s on behalf of clients.
Out in Industry
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Interpine map my forest and register it in the ETS?
Yes, we can manage all administrative and mapping tasks associated with the ETS. We can submit the paperwork on your behalf or prepare it for you to submit.
I am consdering the Afforestation Grant Shceme or the Permanent Forest Sink Initiative. Can you give me some advice about these?
Yes, we have extensive experience with these schemes (amongst others) and can offer personalied advice for your situation.